Colonsay School N E W S L E T T E R
June 21, 2018
- Staffing Changes. . .
- We are very sad to announce that Ms. Dufour will be leaving our staff at the end of the school year. During her year at Colonsay School, Ms. Dufour has been the advisor for Yearbook and SRC and coached Jr. Boys Basketball. Her positive attitude and willingness to help everyone will definitely be missed. We wish her the very best in her teaching career.
- Miss Anderson and Mrs. Maes joined our staff to fill maternity leave positions. It didn’t take long for us to realize how incredibly lucky we were to have them on staff. Their warm smiles, caring personalities, and gift of working with children will be missed. Thank you to Miss Anderson for coaching Sr. Girls Volleyball and Jr./Sr. Curling and Mrs. Maes for coaching Cross Country and running our Solstice Track and Field program for the elementary students. Miss Anderson has accepted a grade 3 teaching position in Calgary and Mrs. Maes has accepted a position at Allan School. Our loss is definitely their gain. Congratulations!!!
- We welcomed Mrs. Hunter back from her maternity leave on May 7 and look forward to having Mrs. Brickner back in August.
- Danny Earl will be joining our staff in August as our Special Education teacher. He will also teach History 20, English 7/8 and Health in the grade 5/6 classroom (Semester 2). We look forward to working with you.
- School picture day for the 2018/2019 school year will be Friday, October 12th at 9:00 a.m.
Pre-school students are welcome. Picture retakes will be on Wednesday, November 7 at 9:00 a.m.
- Congratulations to the new SRC executive for 2018/19
President Marlyse Steckler
Vice-President Cole Schmidt
Sports Director Wyatt Holland/Brayden Lang/Michael Kirk/Kaitlin Fitzsimmons/Halle Mitchner/Rylan Brochu/Will Breckner
Secretary Annika Steckler/Paitynn Schatz
Service Emma Buscholl/Katie Young
Spirit Coordinator Sarah Wood/Davyn McKenzie/
Public Relations Bryn Schmidt/Annika Steckler/ Brooklyn Takakenew/Paitynn Schatz
Fundraiser Alyssa Emmerson/Maddy Lang/TannerBourgeois
Social Director Rebecca Fitzsimmons/ Kalan
Lang, Kasen Brochu, Austin
- Year-end procedure:
- The last day of classes for K – 8 students is Wednesday, June 27th. They will be dismissed at the regular afternoon closing time. Buses will not run after this date. Report cards will go home with K to 8 students on this day. Grade 9 – 12 students can pick up their report cards on Friday, June 29th between 9:00 and 11:30.
The 2018/2019 school year calendar will go home with the report cards. Please note the first day back is Tuesday, September 4th. This is a FULL day of classes for the students.
HAVE A FUN, RELAXING SUMMER!!!