DALMENY HIGH SCHOOL
P.O. Box 430, Dalmeny, Sask. SOK 1EO
Phone: (306) 254-2036 Fax: (306) 254-2759
Principal: Andrew Merryweather Vice Principal: Josh Janzen Secretary: Karen Pauls
Newsletter #2, February 2018
Feb 9 – Report card – Gr 10-12
Feb 19-23 – Winter break
Feb 26 – Classes resume – Day C
March 9 – Science Fair – Gr 8-9
March 12 – No Classes
March 16 – Report Card – Gr 7-9
March 21 – Parent/Teach interviews
March 28 – Heritage Fair – Gr 7
March 30 – Good Friday
April 2 – 6 – Easter Break
April 9 – Classes resume – Day B
April 13 – In Motion Day
April 20 – Report Cards – Gr 10-12
April 27 – No Classes
May 3 – Local Track Meet
May 18 – No Classes
May 21 – Victoria Day
June 13 – Senior Awards
June 14 – Athletic Awards
June 20 – Junior Awards
June 27 – Last day of classes/Report cards Gr 7-9
June 28 – Grad
June 29 – Pick up report cards – Gr 10-12
The following is a link to the 2017/18 Calendar 2017/18 School Calendar
- Game On Boot camp for students in Gr 10,11,12 – Application deadline Feb 26th – 9 sessions starting March 1st – Mar 29th Wed and Thursday evenings at the U of S Campus in the Computer Science Building. Mrs. Dament has application forms.
- Automotive Skills Boot camp – Grade 10,11 and 12 students –Application deadline Mar 1st10 sessions starting March 7th at Walter Murray Collegiate. Mrs. Dament has application forms.
- Health Link Tues March 13th – is a one day career discovery opportunity which aims to expose students in Gr 10, 11 and 12 to the increasingly varied number of careers in the health care sector through hands on activities and short presentations. Application deadline Mar 1st. Mrs. Dament has application forms.
- Spotlight on Careers for Gr 11 and 12 students scheduled Mar 15 – Mar 28th: If you are interested in any of the following careers you may have an opportunity to spend a day exposed to the educational and industry component of that career. Applications available from Mrs. Dament. Deadline Tues March 6. – Computer Science and Technology, Culinary Arts, Food and Nutrition, Hotel Management, Mental Health and Addictions, Engineering and related careers, Interior Design, Architecture and Architectural Technology, Business and Entrepreneurship, Therapies, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Tech, Veterinary and Veterinary Technician, Law Enforcement
- Grade 11 and 12 students: Having the ability to speak a second language can open the door to many exciting career opportunities. Explore is a five-week French language bursary program that allows participants to discover another region of Canada while learning French. Priority for bursaries is given to first-time applicants. Students may apply for the program after having completed at least Grade 11 before the start of the program. The deadline for applications is February 15th, 2018.
- Are you looking for a great experience this summer? The Saskatchewan Co-operative Youth Program offers a unique leadership training opportunity each July & August called the Co-op Camp. It’s a leadership program for youth ages 12 to 18 and is a great opportunity for personal development, leadership training, co-operative education, recreation and lots of fun with participants spending a week at Candle Lake or Last Mountain Lake. http://youth.sask.coop/scyp_camp_dates.html
2018 CO-OP CAMP SCHEDULE!
Junior Level (2 camps) July 3 – 7 at Candle Lake, July 21 – 25 at Last Mountain Lake
Introductory Level (2 camps) July 7 – 11 at Candle Lake, July 25 – 29 at Last Mountain Lake
Intermediate July 11 – 15 at Candle Lake
Level Up August 20 – 23 at Last Mountain Lake
7. Are you interested in being a Counsellor-in-Training this summer? Camp Easter Seal is looking for students in grades 10-12 who would like training to work as a Special Needs Counsellor. You would be trained to work with individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities. Many students use this program to explore a career in human services. Colleges such as Social Work, Nursing and Education consider the volunteer hours that students accumulate at Camp when they apply for post-secondary education. Click for more information.
SENIOR GIRLS BASKETBALL:
It has been a crazy season thus far but also very rewarding. The girls have won three tournaments and have a record of 18-1.
Next Thursday, February 15th, please come on out and pack the gym as the girls and guys host Martensville at 5:30 and 7:00 pm.
Our home tournament will be March 2 and 3rd. All are welcome to attend and cheer the girls on.
TRACK AND FIELD:
As the track season is just around the corner, we invite you to start thinking about getting fit. EVERYONE makes the track team, so if you meet the requirements you will be competing for Dalmeny High.
March 26th will be the start date of Track and Field.
Husky Clinics will be April 19th and 26th for regular PE classes and Track Club 1-4 pm.
May 3rd will be the Local Meet
May 17th – Conference B in Saskatoon
May 25th – Districts in Saskatoon
June 1st and 2nd– Provincials for grade 9-12 in Prince Albert.
For more information catch Mrs. Koski, Mr. Kowalchuk, Mrs. Dyck or Mrs. Schatz and we would gladly help you out.
Dalmeny High School would like to know of anyone who is interested in volunteering at the school for various activities. If this is something that you have a desire to do, please call the school at 306-254-2036.