DALMENY HIGH SCHOOL
P.O. Box 430, Dalmeny, Sask. SOK 1EO
Phone: (306) 254-2036 Fax: (306) 254-2759
Principal: Andrew Merryweather Vice Principal: Josh Janzen Secretary: Karen Pauls
Newsletter #1, January, 2017
January 24 – 27 – Final Exams for Semester 1 – Grade 10-12
January 30 – No Classes – Prep Day
February 3 – Report Cards – Grade 10-12
February 15 – Grade 10 – 12 Phys Ed Table Mountain trip
February 20 – 24 – Winter Break – No Classes
February 27 – Back to School, Day “F”
March 22 – Parent/Teacher Interviews
March 24 – No Classes – Prep Day
March 27 – No Classes – Day in Lieu of parent/teacher interviews
March 31 – Report Cards – Grade 7-9
April 13 – Report Cards – Grade 10-12
April 14 – Good Friday – No Classes
April 17 – 21 – Easter Break
April 24 – Back to School, Day “C”
May 5 – Dalmeny High Track Meet
May 18 – Conference Track Meet – Saskatoon
May 19 – No Classes – Prep Day
May 22 – Victoria Day – No Classes
May 26 – District Track Meet – Saskatoon
June 2-3 – Provincial Track Meet – Saskatoon
June 5 – No Classes – Prep Day
June 23 – 28 – Final Exams for Semester 2 – Grade 10 – 12
June 29 – No Classes – Graduation
June 30 – Pick up Report Cards
The following is a link to the 2016/17 Calendar 2016/17 School Calendar
Junior Girls Basketball
The Junior Girls shot into action against Hague on Wednesday and have the Warman “Blast Off” tournament next weekend – a game against Hanley on the 24th and then our home tournament January 27 and 28th. We are a young team and keep learning every time we step out onto the floor. It has been so much fun watching them grow as a team.
Senior Girls Basketball
The girls head into Hepburn for an early January tournament on January 6th and 7th – We have a busy schedule of Home and Home games vs several communities and then we host our home tournament January 27 and 28th. The girls were very impressive in December and have added some critical well played games to their December experience. I look forward to the month ahead.
Coach Sandra Schatz
Grade 7-9 Ski Trip
A Grade 7-9 Ski Trip is booked for Wednesday January 25th. Waiver form and fees are due no later than Tuesday Jan. 11th. A package has been sent home with your child.
__x__$10.00 Transportation by school bus
__x__$ 8.00 Lesson (everyone who is boarding or skiing MUST take a lesson)
__x__$ 9.00 Lift Ticket (if you have a pass, please chat with Mr. Janzen)
_____ $ 5.00 Helmet (mandatory) OR ___ I have a ski/boarding helmet already
_____ $8.00 Ski/boot rentals
_____ $15.00 Board/ boot rentals
________TOTAL = ($27.00 + _________ = __________) (make cheques payable to DHS)
_______________Level of Skill (see package for information)
Dalmeny High School
Final Exam Schedule for January 24 – 27 for grade 10 – 12 students.
|January 24||January 25||January 26||January 27|
|9:00 – 11:30||ELA A 10
ELA A 30
Physical Science 20
Pre-Calculus Math 30
|Foundations Math 10
|1:00 – 2:30||Physics 30|
Grade 7 – 9 students have regular classes during this time.
- Why Unions Matter – write an essay, poem, song, video, sculpture and send to firstname.lastname@example.org to win $1 000 The National Union considers the entries every month and award a $1,000 prize to our favorites. So be bold. Be creative. Be heartfelt. http://www.nupge.ca/content/13286/new-themes-why-unions-matter-contest-2017
The new themes starting in January 2017 are
- January: democracy
- February: fairness
- March: public services
- April: peace
- Three Boot camps are available to students in Grade 10,11 and 12.
These boot camps fill up very quickly and are available to Saskatoon and Prairie
Spirit schools, please email or connect with Mrs. Dament to get the applications asap.
*Culinary Boot Camp Deadline to apply is Jan 25th (38 students accepted) held Monday
evenings 4:30 – 7:30 at Sask Polytechnic beginning Mon Feb 13th for 10 weeks. There will be a final Gala on Thurs May 11th. There is a potential of earning a high school credit, information will be on the application form.
*3D Printing with a focus on CAD/CAM software Deadline to apply Jan 31st (16 students accepted) If you enjoy design, drafting and computer technologies this is a great opportunity to get a head start on your career. Participation opens the door to gain a basic understanding of 3D printing and be engaged in hands on activity involving 2D CAD 3D CAD, printer set up, model development and editing with a Tim Muench program head of CAD/CAM Engineering at Sask Polytechnic held Tuesday evenings 4:30 – 7:30 for 8 weeks starting Tues Feb 14th.
*Automotive Skills Boot Camp Deadline to apply is Feb 15th (16 students accepted) If you enjoy working on cars and have an interest in becoming an Automotive Service Technician, the SIEC Automotive Skills Boot Camp is a great way to get a head start on your future career! The camp provides hands-on activities with a qualified instructor, the chance to shadow professionals in the industry and an opportunity to network with industry representatives. The camp will be held in Saskatoon on Wednesdays after school 4:30 to 7:30 March 1st to May 17th, 2017.
- Would you like to study in Europe for free next summer! The Beaverbrook Vimy Prize offers a prestigious summer scholarship to youth 15 to 17 years of age to study the interwoven history of Canada, France and Great Britain during the First and Second World Wars. The deadline to apply is March 1st, 2017.
- Saskatoon’s CISV chapter is looking for enthusiastic youth to participate in their programs. CISV educates and inspires action for a more just and peaceful world. CISV provides people with the attitudes, skills and knowledge they require to become active global citizens and agents of change for the future. For more information go to https://cisvsaskatoon.org/
- SASKCAREERS is an integrated website intended to become the conduit for career planning needs for all Saskatchewan residents from kindergarten until retirement.
Sr. Math Teacher, Career Counsellor