DALMENY HIGH SCHOOL
P.O. Box 430, Dalmeny, Sask. SOK 1EO
Phone: (306) 254-2036 Fax: (306) 254-2759
Principal: Andrew Merryweather Vice Principal: Josh Janzen Secretary: Karen Pauls
Newsletter #6, June, 2017
June 2-3 – Provincial Track Meet – Saskatoon
June 5 – No Classes – Prep Day
June 13 – Senior Awards 1:45 – 3:00 pm in the theatre
June 14 – Athletic Gala 5:00pm at Dalmeny Bible Church
June 20 – Junior Awards 1:00 – 3:00pm in the theatre
June 23 – 28 – Final Exams for Semester 2 – Grade 10 – 12
June 28 – Last day of classes and report cards for grade 7-9
June 29 – No Classes – Graduation
June 30 – Pick up Report Cards grade 10-12
September 5 – First day of classes
September 8 – School pictures
The following is a link to the 2016/17 Calendar 2016/17 School Calendar
The following is a link to the 2017/18 Calendar 2017/18 School Calendar
June 2017 Final Exam Schedule
|Friday, June 23||Monday, June 26||Tuesday, June 27||Wednesday, June 28|
Social 10/Science 10
Health Science 20
Workplace Math 30*
Workplace Math 20
* Departmental Examination
If you have a conflict, please see Mr. Merryweather.
- The new Saskjobs website is a great resource for students seeking summer employment. It lists new jobs on a daily basis and provides information on building resumes and preparing for interviews.
- The Summer School Program offers a range of high school credit classes from July 4th to July 31st, 2017 at Marion M. Graham Collegiate in Saskatoon. These classes provide high school students and adults with an opportunity to upgrade their academic standing to meet high school graduation and entrance requirements to post-secondary institutions. Saskatoon Public Schools will also be offering select Summer School classes on-line. The deadline to apply for all Summer School classes is June 30th, 2017.
- The Saskatoon Greater Catholic Schools has a Virtual Summer School program will also offer courses in July and August 2017. To find out more about this opportunity contact the office at 306-659-7700.
- 4. Encounters with Canada2017-2018 program is available online. This opportunity is available to those 14 to 17 years of age. Spend a week at Terry Fox Canadian Youth Centre in Ottawa. Pick a theme from 13 difference areas. The cost is $675 this includes air fare, lodging, meals and local transportation. Go to https://www.ewc-rdc.ca/pub/ for more information.
- 5.Are you interested in starting a career in the disability sector? The Caring Careers websitecontains the latest job postings in the sector, as well as tools, resources, and videos that provide a realistic view of what the job is all about. The disability services sector provides a wide range of employment for people with varying skills sets and competencies who want to pursue a career supporting people with disabilities.
Sr. Math Teacher, Career Counsellor