In order to protect the rights of all individuals, there is proper protocol for students and parents to present concerns.
- Your concern should be brought forward as soon as possible after the incident has occurred.
- The classroom teacher is to be the first person to hear and address any concerns from a student or parent. If the concern is regarding non-teaching staff (i.e. Educational Associates, Bus Drivers, etc.), you must initially go to the individual(s) involved prior to discussing the matter with anyone else.
- If the issue cannot be resolved, contact the in-school administration team (principal and/or vice-principal). Please inform the individual with whom you have the concern that you will be bringing the issue to in-school administration.
- If the matter remains unresolved, the parent may request a meeting with the Superintendent. Please inform the in-school administration that you will be contacting senior administration at Prairie Spirit School Division Office.
- If further discussion is required, the parent may ask to meet with the Director of Education.
- Finally, the parent may request the issue to be heard by the Board of Education.
Taken from Student and Parent Complaints and Grievances, PSSD Administrative Policy #408