Students and parents alike are encouraged to check out the Prairie Spirit “Future Choice” website at www.futurechoice.ca — documents such as Grade 11 or 12 timelines, career planning guides and more can be accessed under the “Students” tab as well as the “Parents” tab.
- University of Saskatchewan – The U of S application for 2017/2018 is now live! The deadline to apply for Agriculture & Bioresources, Education, Edwards School of Business, Engineering, and Kinesiology is February 15, 2017. See Ms. Cooper to register!
- University of Saskatchewan – The last day to apply for admission to be eligible to apply for Competitive Entrance Awards is February 15, 2017.
- University of Saskatchewan – The deadline to apply for Competitive Entrance Awards is March 1, 2017.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic – Students wanting to apply for a First Qualified/First Admitted Program should apply as soon as possible.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic – The deadline for students applying for the SCBScN or High Demand programs is February 15, 2017.
SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES
1. All students: Take some time to set up an account or profile on the following databases for scholarships: Scholarships Canada, yconic and Student Scholarships! There are lots of scholarships out there, it just takes some time to find them and fill out application forms!
2. Grade 12 Students – If you are going into a STEM program next year (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics), you can apply to be our school’s Schulich Leader Nominee and have a chance at a $80,000 scholarship. To apply, write a letter addressed to the MHS Scholarship selection committee, explaining: 1) the STEM program you are entering and where; 2) how you meet at least two of the following criteria: i) academic excellence, ii) leadership (community, business or entrepreneurial), or iii) financial need; and 3) why you should be our school’s nominee. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 16, 2016 — letters may be given to Ms. Cooper in Student Services.
CAREER-RELATED EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Culinary Skills Bootcamp: Do you love cooking? Do you want to learn more about culinary skills? If you answered yes, then the Culinary Skills Bootcamp sponsored by the SIEC is for you. The program starts on February 13 and runs for 12 weeks. The deadline to apply is January 25, but spots are limited so apply early. See Ms. Cooper for more information or to apply.