Clarinetists – Please read the following
Following up on all information given to students. All PSSD Clarinet players have been invited to the first ever Klarinet Kerfuffle on March 19th at the University of Saskatchewan. This will be a hugely beneficial event to attend, to meet new people of your same age and ability, work with some of the provinces finest Clarinetists and also improve your playing and knowledge of your instrument. The deadline to apply is This coming Friday. Please see the below details and get signed up!
Registration deadline for KLARINET KERFUFFLE is Friday February 12, 2016
Frequently Asked Kerfuffle Kwestions:
1. When is Klarinet Kerfuffle? – Saturday March 19 – 8:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m..
2. Where is it happening? – University of Saskatchewan Music Department, Education Building, U of S, Saskatoon
3. What does it cost to register? – $25 covers cost of materials and lunch
4. How do we register? – print the registration form (attached), fill it out and mail with a cheque payable to Saskatoon Concert Band to the address on the form.
5. What is Klarinet Kerfuffle? – KLARINET KERFUFFLE is a full day of activities for clarinetists and bass clarinetists of all ages. Each student will participate in clarinet and/or bass clarinet workshops and a student clarinet choir or ensemble, and will be treated to recitals of solos and small ensembles. The day will end with a final concert featuring Reedy Set Go! and the student ensembles. There will also be displays of clarinets and clarinet accessories provided by local musical instrument dealers, and door prizes.
6. Students in our band program start in grade 5. Can they attend? – Yes. If your program starts in grade 5, let us know and we will place your students in the appropriate class.
7. Who will be performing and teaching the students? – Performers and clinicians include over 20 of Saskatoon’s finest adult clarinetists and bass clarinetists, including at least 7 current or former members of the SSO, and members of four of Saskatoon’s adult community bands. The performers and clinicians have over 500 years combined experience playing and teaching the clarinet!
KLARINET KERFUFFLE is presented by Saskatoon’s clarinet choir, Reedy Set Go!, the Saskatoon Concert Band and the University of Saskatchewan Music Department. Sponsors include the Saskatchewan Band Association, Sask. Culture, Sask. Lotteries, Musicraft Instrument Repair, St. John’s Music, and Long & McQuade Musical Instruments.
Band teachers are also welcome to register and attend.
The event poster, registration form, and schedule are attached to this email as pdf files. Please distribute information and the forms to your students and encourage them to attend.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .