The Division “Song” Class and Senior Percussion Ensemble will be performing this coming Wednesday at the Bassment Jazz Club in Saskatoon for the Annual Resonate Gala (fundraiser) concert. Come out and cheer them on as they join students from across the entire division and the Staff House Band.
Performing: Rockapella (Division “Song” Class)
Bucket Bashers (Senior Percussionists)
Akira Patry, Alec Liebel, Drayden MacEwan, Kade Duncalfe & Vaughn Pitzel
Date: November 29th, 2017
Show Time: 7 pm, doors open at 6:40 pm
Student Arrival Time: 6:20 pm
Venue: The Bassment, 202 4th Avenue, Saskatoon
- Performing students do not need tickets
- Tickets for parents & guests as follows:
- $10/18 & under
- $40/family (of 4)
- Poinsettias & other items available for auction
- All proceeds go to the 2018 Resonate Student Music Conference
Tickets may be purchased from your school office or from your Music Teacher.
Just a reminder to all grade 7-12 students our penultimate division band rehearsal and curricular classes at Allan before the winter concert is tomorrow. It is vital all 7-12 students attend.
Fields of Clover – Somewhere in my memory – Krampus
We will also be rehearsing for the Resonate Gala concert, next Wednesday November 29th. The song class and percussion ensemble will be taking part.
With apologies for the late notice there is unfortunately no grade 5/6 Retreat on November 22nd. All grade 5’s and 6’s will rehearse and have pictures at the Term 1 performance -Winter concert. THERE IS DIVISION CLASSES IN ALLAN FOR GRADE 7-12.
The Winter Concert takes place on December 11th at Lakeview Church at 7pm but students will be bused directly from their home school at the end of the day to Lakeview church. They will however need taking home after the concert.
There will be a winter market in the lobby before the concert any interested vendors please contact one of the Band Parents and see the below information.
What? – Term 1 performance and Winter Concert for all Music Students at Lakeview Church.
- Grade 5 – Performing: Selections from their solfege soundstart sheets and Jingle Bells
- Grade 6 – Performing: The Kings Flourish, Kickstart, selections from Soundstart
- Division Band – Performing: Fields of Clover, Somewhere in my Memory, Krampus
Who? All music students from Grade 5-12.
When? December 11th.
- 3pm onwards – Students bused from their home schools to Lakeview Church
- 4pm-5pm Grade 6 rehearsal and pictures
- 5-6pm Grade 5 rehearsal and pictures
- 6pm Division Band rehearsal and Pictures
- 5-7pm – Winter Markets in Lakeview Atrium
- 6:30pm – Concert doors open
- 7pm – Concert start
- 8:15pm – Concert finish
- Lakeview Church (Site 510, Box 15, RR5, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3J8)
- Grade 5 and 6: Smart Dress, White shirt/blouse, Tie optional, Black Dress Pants/Skirt (no joggers), Black Dress shoes (no runner or sneakers)
- Grade 7-12: Black Pants, Socks and Shoes (no runners) Division Polo shirt will be provided.
What to bring:
- Music, Instrument, Concert Dress, Supper or spending money for the winter market, Socks for the sock drive, baking for the bake sale (7-12 only).
With the Winter concert fast approaching on December 11th here are a few notes below: *Students will be bused after school from their homes school to Lakeview that evening and will need to bring supper. (Christmas concert note coming very soon with more information)
Band Pictures will take place prior to the concert at Lakeview Church. You can order using the below form. Please hand in your forms to your band teacher or school admin assistant no later than December 8th.
Band order form 2017
This coming Wednesday is Division hub classes in Allan. Students are working on their Winter Concert repertoire and are continuing work on their individual skills for term 1.
At 6pm on Thursday November 9th the Band Parents Association AGM will take place in Clavet school. If you have any input, want to be involved in the growth and sustainability of the music programs in the division, the BPA or are willing to help out in any capacity or way please come along or get in touch with Mr. Martin or a BPA representative. Likee
Dates for November:
November 8th – Allan Division Classes
November 9th – BPA Annual General Meeting
November 21st – Leadership Workshops in Regina* (Senior leaders)
November 22nd – Picture Day, Grade 5 and 6 mass rehearsals, Division Classes
November 29th – Resonate Gala Concert 7pm @ Basement, featuring PSSD East Percussion, Song Class and Wind/Brass Small Ensembles. Tickets available at any school or through your band teacher.