Article from paNOW on our students participating in the Canadian Armed Forces Military Co-Op Program.
We have arranged to have Hal Cameron, the Brighter Futures Coordinator at Willow Cree Health Station, to come in and provide the opportunity for students to smudge before the start of the school day on Mondays and Wednesdays. The smudging takes place starting at 8:30 and is hosted in Ms. Nelson’s classroom.
Starting on Tuesday, January 24th, students in Grades 10 to 12 will have final exams for the semester.
Grade 9 students write final exams on Friday, January 27th only.
Grade 7 & 8 students do not write finals.
January has arrived with a bit of a cold-wave. Please monitor the bus cancellation link to see if buses are running.
Elementary students will have indoor recess if the temperature with windchill is below -25 Celsius. All students will be expected to go outside for recess breaks if the temperature is above -25, so we do ask that they do come prepared to go outside with appropriate warm clothing.
Thank you and stay warm.
Artist in Residence working with our students. Find more information here.
It has been a very busy time for us at the school during the end of November and beginning of December.
Amidst the planning and preparation for the Christmas Concert on December 20th and the Christmas Dinner of December 21st, we have had a variety of other events happening as well:
- December 7th – Willow Cree Health presented to our Grade 7 to 12 students on the topic of “Cell Phone Addiction”
- December 8th – The Gordon Tootoosis Theatre Group put on their play “Kohkoms in Toyland” By Curtis Peeteetuce for our students in Grades 6 to 12 as well as the NWRC Adult Ed students. Also on the day Brad Bellegarde returned to the school to continue his work with Grade 9 and 11 students.
- December 9th – Students were fitted for their uniforms for the Canadian Armed Forces Co-Op Program
- December 12th and 15th – Sr. Boys Home Basketball Games
- December 14th – Hockey Draft for Canada-USA Christmas Classic
More to come in our busy Festive Season soon…