Bullying Prevention Policy
As well as implementing an anti-bullying program within the school, École Traditions Elementary adheres to that policy with respect to bullying. The policy is provided below so that you may become familiar with it. We encourage you to review the policy and talk to your child about bullying and your expectation regarding their behavior as a bully, a bystander and victim. The best thing a child can do is talk to an adult in the school or their parents about situations they are experiencing or witnessing. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school.
The staff at École Traditions Elementary School care about the students and believe it is important to provide them with a safe and healthy environment. In situations where the actions of a student calls into question the safety or the physical, mental or emotional well-being of another, the teacher in consultation with the principal will investigate the situation and take actions in accordance with the school discipline policy.
École Traditions Elementary School’s Strategy for a Safe School
- Know and support the school’s policy on bullying.
- Learn about bullying behaviors and discuss these with your child.
- Encourage non-aggressive ways of resolving conflict.
- Watch for signs of distress in your child.
- Advise your child to tell their teacher or principal about bullying incidents.
- Report bullying incidents to the teacher.
- Participate in school meetings if your child has been involved in a bullying incident.
- Refuse to be involved in an act of bullying.
- Speak out against bullying.
- Report incidences of bullying or suspected bullying to a parent, teacher or the principal.
- Get help from an adult.
- Participate in school bullying programs of awareness when possible.
- Understand and promote the intent of the school’s bullying policy.
- Be role models in words and actions.
- Be observant of signs of distress or suspected incidents of bullying.
- Be prompt and visible while supervising students.
- Raise awareness among pupils about bullying behaviours.
- Listen actively to a student-reported incidence of bullying.
- Intervene quietly and calmly to incidents of bullying and misbehaviour.
- Deal with bullying incidents quickly.
- Report bullying incidents to homeroom