What will WCMS’ school colours, team name and logo be?
September 2013 will mark the opening of Prairie Spirit School Divisionâ€™s newest school, Warman Community Middle School. Naming our school in October was one step in our coming to exist. The development of an identity through imagery such as school colours, a school logo, and a school team name are the next significant steps in creating a public identity and the beginning of developing a sense of pride and ownership in Warman Community Middle School.
The logo development process will be comprised of the following steps and be guided by the work of a committee comprised of school and community stakeholders:
- Input/suggestions sought from community stakeholders on school colours, team name, and logo concept/theme. (January)
- The logo development committee will consider the input and determine a direction for school colours, team name, and logo conceptualization.
- Through the services of a graphic design firm, three logo concepts/proposals will be developed based on the recommendations of the logo development committee.
- The logo concepts/proposals will be shared with community stakeholders (students, parents, staff) and feedback will be sought. (March)
- The committee will make a recommendation to Prairie Spirit School division to approve one of the proposals as our official colours, team name and logo. (April)
STARTING JANUARY 3, 2013, pick up a suggestion form at either the WES or WHS main offices or visit the WCMS website at http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/wms. We will be seeking input from any community stakeholders â€“ students, staff, parents, community, so put your thinking caps on!
343 total views, 1 views today