The following is an abbreviated schedule for the next few months to give you and idea where we are on the timeline for the planned school opening, September 2013.
May – August 2011:
– We have regularily scheduled engineering/construction management coordination meetings where the various parties involved in planning the school and recreation complex meet to coordinate the design and planning.
June – August 2011:
– Various construction documents including drawings are being developed for the project.
– 99% of the design and drawings will be complete
– End of August we expect to have final Ministry approval for the plans
– Tender to trades
– Ground breaking after tender review
– Substantial completion
– Teachers move into building
– Students Grade 4-8 start classess
997 total views, 1 views today
The following drawings represent portions of the Middle School as well as portions of theÂ Town of Warman Recreation and Culture Center.Â
Â The Prairie Spirit School Division and the Town of Warman have entered into a partnership to share spaces within each of the middle school and the recreation-Â culture complex.Â
The school division has leased from the townÂ oneÂ of the indoor soccer pitches to be used as the school gym.Â This space is comparable toÂ three full sized gyms.Â Â School space allotmentÂ not being designated for a gym can then be used to build a fine arts theater and music room.Â Community members and groups will have access to the use of the theatre and music room.Â
Students will have access and use of portions ofÂ the Recreation and Culture Complex during school hours.Â During lunch students and staffÂ will have the option toÂ useÂ town cafeteria facilities and the corridors connecting the two buildings.Â Â School bus drop off will be at the recreation complex entryÂ end while individual parent and visitor drop off will be at the school entry end.
Plans areÂ being worked on to have the Wheatland Library located within the school library making it accessible during and after school hours.Â Â Â
Click on drawing to enlargeÂ
Site Drawing for School
FloorÂ Plan – Main Floor
Floor Plan – Second Floor
1,607 total views, 1 views today
We have been adding toÂ plans for our new school and are ready to show you what we are thinking so far.Â We would also like your input into further planning.Â Please consider attending the next community meeting as advertised below.Â
Â Click onÂ graphic to enlarge and read the fullÂ invitation.
516 total views, no views today
Newest detail location.
1,819 total views, no views today
Welcome to our blog!!
The purpose of this blog:
1. To inform you regarding progress on this exciting project.
2. To gather input from you regarding your wishes, dreams and ideas for the development of this project.
We look forward to your responses!!
1,389 total views, no views today