Hello ACS families,
We are looking forward to visiting with you during our T2 Conferences on March 16th and 17th.
Parents of students in Kindergarten to Grade 8 can book conference times with their homeroom teachers. Parents of Grade 9 to 12 students are encouraged to book a conference with any or all of their child’s teachers. Conferences will be held virtually and teachers will communicate with you about logistics (Google Meet, phone call, Facetime, Zoom etc). We know that not all tools are going to work for all families, so we’re attempting to make sure that everyone can connect successfully.
If you do not want to share your information with Coconut Calendar or do not have access to the internet, please call Crysta at the school to book your conference time.
Please book your conference by going to the following link. https://aberdeenschool.coconutcalendar.com
In addition to meeting with your child’s teacher(s), we are offering four different opportunities to learn about different topics related to your child’s education:
- The Thinking Classroom: A Different Approach to Learning
- Wednesday, March 17th@5:00 pm
- This session will include an overview of the 14 parts of the Thinking Classroom framework, the research that supports this type of math classroom and how we are seeing great results for our students.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/95164215012?pwd=YUJLdEk2cnJIa3lJcis1UE0yMlBVUT09
- Career Guidance
- Tuesday, March 16th@5:00pm
- This session will provide an overview of the courses required for a Grade 12 diploma, what we offer at ACS, the process to expect for students to select courses for the upcoming year and additional resources that students can be using to explore opportunities after high school.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93297539749?pwd=bkZBMFdURHlRWWo3ZW1jelVRNGY3QT09
- Mental Health Supports for Students
- Tuesday, March 16th@6:00pm
- This session will provide an overview of mental wellness, the difference between being mentally unwell and typical stresses and information on services and supports available at ACS.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93707505483?pwd=dkd1OVV0SGhJNStsS0tMM2lBam10dz09
- High School Grading and Assessment
- Wednesday, March 17th@6:00pm
- Assessment is designed to guide student learning and teacher planning. Assessment helps students, parents and teachers understand what a students can do, are working on, and what they struggle with. Our professionals have embraced the strong evidence in educational research and are using it to provide the most up-to-date assessment practices for your student. Come join in the learning!
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/94965435536?pwd=ZTVtL25HdmEzcmZKMm5ML1c5TkY5UT09
Please contact us in the office if you have any questions about these two days or need help getting set up.
Principal, Aberdeen Composite School
Box 10 | 101 Thompson Street, Aberdeen SK S0K 0A0