Don’t forget we are heading off on our field trip this month. I have sent home a permission slip and information letter, however if it was misplaced you can find another one here: (Trip Info)
Although it is a short month, we will certainly be a busy group in Mr. M’s class. Here is what we are focusing on this month:
- continuing to develop our comprehension skills as we read and report on our just right books. Our culminating activity will be a stop motion video that captures the main message of the story.
- working on our writing skills during our Writer’s Workshop. We will have several guests in during the month who will share stories and help us with some writing prompts.
- make sure you are trying to read with your child 10 to 20 minutes each night. They have new books from the library each week.
- we will continue to develop our problem solving skills while focusing on multiplying two digit numbers by one digit numbers.
- feel free to access the website, CoolMath, for some drills and practice they can work on at home.
- we are investigating weather in our science class and will be building a variety of instruments to measure such things as rainfall, wind speed, and barometric pressure.