How does parent engagement benefit families?
- Parents find it easier to help their child learn
- Increased communication between home and school
- Feeling confident when talking to school staff
- Social support networks increase, parents are connected to other parents in our school
- Parents have a better understanding of the roles of teachers and principals
- Better access to information about school structure and curriculum
Lake Vista SCC
Dear parent or caregiver:
The annual Terry Fox School Run is coming up on Sept. 27th. This year our school has a goal of raising $600 or $2 a student. The Terry Fox Foundation has a great reputation, with $.82 cents of every dollar raised going directly to cancer research. You can donate online by visiting our school fundraising page: http://www.terryfox.ca/LakeVistaSchool.
What are the benefits of parent engagement for students?
- Increased student achievement and engagement
- Improved student behaviour
- Enhanced social skills
- Building a positive attitude about both school and home
- Promotes positive learning outcomes
Lake Vista SCC
Happy Friday Lake Vista!
- SLT Applications are due to Mrs. Gaudet by Monday.
Happy Birthday – 21st: Baeden B. (1H) Cohen G. (PK) Jackson S. (3P) 23rd: Asher B. (PK) Yvonne D. (PK) Leah D. (4/5) Ruby D. (5P)
Reminder: We will be placing another order of our 2017-2018 yearbooks so if you missed the deadline and would still like a copy, please send $20.00 (cash or cheque) to Brittany in the office by Friday, September 21st. Contact Mrs. Orth if you have further questions.
- Please return applications for the Student Leadership Team to Mrs. Gaudet by Monday.
- Fire Drill today at 10:00am
Happy Birthday – Sadie F. (K2)