Hard to believe, but it looks like there is some warmer weather heading our way! Great news as we are closing in on our Christmas break, and hopefully for those of you travelling you can do so in a safe fashion. We had a great weekend of birthday celebrations, as my sister celebrated hers on Saturday and my son celebrated his today. It was fun to get together for lots of laughs and some delicious birthday cakes. Times like those remind me of the important things in life.
Tonight, Jon Yellowlees sent out a terrific message to the school administrators he works with and in it asks some great questions that caused me to stop and think about the past year. His questions were:
10 Questions for Christmas Break Reflection
- What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
- What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
- What was an unexpected joy this past year?
- What was an unexpected obstacle?
- Pick three words to describe this past year.
- Pick three words your spouse or a close friend would use to describe your year—don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your they see you.
- What were the best books you read this year?
- With whom were your most valuable relationships?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
- What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
Great questions to think about over the break.
I’d like to take this time to wish Jeffery all the best as he wraps up his internship with us this week. I know he has enjoyed his time with us and has had a terrific cooperating teacher to work with. It will be hard to say goodbye to Jeffery, but in the world of education paths seem to find a way to cross again. The staff and students will miss you and your happy smile, and I worry that our dodgeball team will not be nearly as strong without you. All the best to you as you continue your journey.
Here’s what lies ahead for the week:
- Christmas concert matinee performance
- K-6 pizza sale
- Christmas concert evening performance
- Gr. 1 & 1/2 field trip
- Classroom/locker/desks clean up
- SRC afternoon activities
Create a great week everyone!
170 total views, 1 views today