Monday, September 28th 18th ANNUAL “SQUEAK & SQUAWK” and Open House
BEGINNER BAND CLINIC NIGHT @ CLAVET COMPOSITE SCHOOL 6 – 8:30pm
WHAT: The Squeak and Squawk is an annual fall welcome back for the PSSD East music department combined with Beginning Band start up. In one night beginners are taught basic introductions to their instrument, how to assemble and clean their instrument and how to correctly play their first few notes. Then students will have their first performance at the end of the night! The Squeak and Squawk is an equivalent of two weeks of normal class instruction rolled into one night, so attendance is vital.
This night also combines a chance for parents to meet the teachers and the Band Parents AGM. Refreshments will be available.
WHERE: Clavet Composite School, Clavet. When students come into the building they will pick up their music book and instrument (if rented and not already collected from St.Johns Music). Students will then be directed to their clinic rooms for each instrument. Beginner students will need to be transported to and from the event. Intermediate and Seniors will be bussed to Clavet after school for rehearsal but will need transport home.
WHEN: All Beginners should aim to arrive between 5:30 and 5:45 so they can begin their clinics at 6pm. Senior students will be making presentations about each instrument at 5:45pm
- 5:30-5:45pm – Students arrive at Clavet.
- 6pm (- 7:30pm) – Students take part in the squeak and squawk clinics
- 6:15pm – 7:15pm – Meet the Teachers (Mr Ward, Ms. Klippenstein and Mr. Martin will be on hand to answer any questions about the band program)
- 7:15pm – Band Parents Association A.G.M.
- 7:30pm – 2015 Squeak and Squawk Mini Concert (Intermediate/Senior/Beginner Bands)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Instrument and accessories (ex: reeds if applicable)
- All Instrument Cleaning Supplies
- Bottle of Water
- Regular casual dress for all students
- If you need an instrument please contact Mr Martin or Mr Ward as soon as possible (email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org)