Before the Winter Break before Christmas-time, the Intermediate and Senior Students have been given one last assignment to hand-in. This assignment involves the students handing in a recording of some of their pieces. Students have been informed in their classes of the categories in which they will be marked: Notes/Rhythms, Articulations, Tone, Dynamics, and Intonation (Senior only). They will be receiving a print version of the marking rubric this week in class. They must email their assignment to Ms. Klippenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand it in on a USB stick in class. This assignment is due by this Friday, December 4. If technology is unavailable for students to hand-in this assignment, other live assessment options are available, but the student must come speak to Ms. Klippenstein first. Note that it is ideal to send in a recording to Ms. Klippenstein, as there are more opportunities to correct the fine details in the recording than a live session.
Here are the other details needed for this assignment:
- Intermediates – The following passages must be sent:
- Whirlwind – Rehearsal letter G to rehearsal letter H.
- Jolly Old Sleigh Ride – measures 29 to the end.
- Seniors – The following passages must be sent:
- The Cave You Fear – measures 75 to 96.
- Christmas at the Circus – measures 58 to 84.
- Vitae Lux – rehearsal letter D to rehearsal letter F