The annual Beginner and Intermediate band day retreat is almost upon us. On May 28th it is pivotal that All Beginner and Intermediate Band students attend the retreat at Clavet. This is a hugely important event for several reasons. This is the only chance beginning students will have to meet as a group to prepare for the June 6th year end Concert at Lakeview Church. In addition the Senior Band members run afternoon activities the promote cohesion and the building of our Music Community, it is a great chance for Beginners to meet the intermediate band students from all schools that they will play alongside next year. All students also get to work intensively with instrument specific professional musicians from across Saskatchewan to help with their individual parts.
Please RSVP by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to this as soon as possible so we can order the correct amount of food for supper. We are also in need of 4-6 Parent chaperones for the day.
- Where: Clavet School
- When:All students need to be at Clavet by 8:50am to start at 9am.
- What: Students need to bring;
- Instrument, pencil,
- Water bottle,
- A packed lunch Students will be provided with supper.
- A plate of snacks to share with peers at breaks.
- 8:50am – Arrive
- 9-10:40am– Beginning Band Sectionals with Guest Musicians
-Intermediate Band Rehearsal
- 10:30-11:00am– Break
- 11-12:40pm – Intermediate Band Sectionals with Guest Musicians
- Beginning Band Rehearsal
- 12:40-1:15 – Lunch
- 1:15-3:45pm – Band Olympics, Intermural Activities
- 3:45pm-6pm– Film and supper
- 6pm– Depart
Please do not hesitate in contacting either band director with any questions or concerns.
Will Martin Alexander Ward
Band Director Prairie Spirit East Band Director Prairie Spirit East
Tel: 306 281 9930 Tel: 306 229-1202