- Congratulations to the students that took part in the latest fundraiser performing at this past Fridays Saskatoon Blade’s game. Pictures to follow.
- Grade 5’s and 6’s working on Stormchasing this week for personal practice (all students aiming to be able to perform the first 23 measures and last 8 measures)
- Division Hub Rehearsal this Wednesday for grade 7-12 – Last Allan Rehearsal before the Regina Optimist Trip:
- Division Band Trip – March 23rd – Optimist Festival Regina – Please see the attached details for permission forms: Regina Optimist 2018
Friday, March 23rd – SENIOR BAND – REGINA OPTIMIST BAND FESTIVAL
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
The annual Regina Optimist Festival is again upon us and the Prairie Spirit West and East Senior Bands will be combining to perform. All students will travel down together to take part in the music festival on Friday March 23rd. Following the performance and clinic students will listen to a lunchtime concert with the University of Regina Wind Orchestra then wind down playing Laser Tag before heading back home. (only students that have paid band fees can take part in Laser Tag)
We are seeking parent Chaperones to join us for the day. Please consider helping if you can.
Students will be bussed to Regina and returned back to their home schools (Clavet students meet at the Clarence Ave Walmart (Stonebridge) in Saskatoon. See next page for bus pick up and drop off times.
- Where: Conexus Arts Centre, Regina
- When: Friday March 23rd performing at 10:30am
- What to Bring: Packed lunch, Snack/money for return ride, Instruments, Music (Rippling Watercolors, Turkish March), Uniform, Pencil, Homework for the bus
- Uniform: Black pants and shirts (polo shirts –East), black shoes and socks.
Friday, March 23rd Senior Performance at Optimist Festival
- 6:00 am Pickup in Colonsay (bus 1)/Aberdeen (bus 2) 6:20 Allan
- 6:30am Pick up at Stonebridge Walmart parking lot (bus 2)
- 6:50am – Pick up at Dundurn Gas station (bus 1/2)
- 9:30am – Arrive at Conexus Arts Center and warm up
- 10:30am -11:45am – Performance/ clinic
- 12:00 pm – Lunchtime concert/Eat lunch at the Conexus Arts Center
- 1:30 pm- Laser Tag at Laser Quest
- 3:30pm – Depart for Saskatoon
- 6:15pm Arrive in Saskatoon (5:50-Dundurn 6:20-Allan, 6:45-Colonsay/Aberdeen
Rippling Watercolors…………….Brian Balmages
Turkish March……………………Ludwig Van Beethoven