We are writing to anyone registered in a music class(es) with us this year which has been impacted by school closures. While many details are yet to be developed, we would like to invite students to join fellow classmates and ourselves in a musical learning journey that will be as flexible and to suit each students’ individual needs and availability.
Below you will find a sample “menu” of options that students can taste over the next few months. We will be developing the specifics for each item as we go along, but what we can tell you for now is the following:
· Appreciation Appetizers – will focus on music listening and music appreciation (NIR)
· Main Studio – will focus on instrument techniques, playing, composition, and more.
· Practice Room Desserts – will focus on exercises and developmental material which allow for further growth of Main Studio items (to-go box!)
· Wet Your Whistle For Discovery – will focus on project based and inquiry based learning (NIR)
*NIR – indicates items in which an instrument is not required for the item
· Students can select items from any or all categories in any order that works for them
· Students can learn at their own pace
· Students can learn on any instrument(s) they have available to them
· “No Instrument Required” items are available for students who do not have an instrument available to learn on at this time
We have included a link to a survey which we will use to determine which students are participating and which are not at this time. This will also help guide our teaching to any supplemental learning your student decides to participate in. Please remember that it is invitational, and the musical door is always open!
Please respond to the following survey by Friday, April 3rd if possible. Supplemental learning begins on Monday, April 6th.
Supplemental Music Learning Survey: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2IpnhO7iQEaxwQ3qjs0MKO9f6GhMHf5IjFsQ1XnORQBUNEFNTTk4TkVRME5IMDFJR0xDN0tRVkxCMyQlQCN0PWcu
We look forward to hearing from you and getting back to creating music! Let any of us know if you have questions, and we’ll do the best we can to answer them at this time. Take care and stay safe!
Kendra Worman, Will Martin, AJ Ward, Shelby Ayers
Itinerant Music Education, Prairie Spirit School Division
Box 809 | 121 Collins St., Warman, SK S0K 4S0
Learners for life