On Monday afternoons we will be posting a weekly staff pick of the week.
Please feel free to share your own with us via email or adding comments below!
This weeks topic: “3 Things“
- Something to watch
- Something to listen to
- Something you did over Easter
- Something to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOMyz1iQkQ
- Something to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqldh4uYHzo
- Some things I did over Easter: I decided to start re-reading the Harry Potter series, and watching the corresponding movie once I was done the book (I’m almost done Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban). Aside from reading and movies, I took some time to make a list of what I am thankful for:
- I am thankful that it seems that Spring has finally arrived (the chirping Meadowlarks make my heart happy!).
- I am thankful for technology that has allowed me to stay connected to family and friends.
- I am particularly thankful for the frontline workers: the nurses, doctors, grocers, farmers, truck drivers, and others that are working to keep our country running and are taking risks going to work for us.
- To watch: Virtual Ensembles.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5cGr85LQw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m719Y7Vpoc4
- To listen: One World Together Concert (My highlights: Ben Platt, Lizzo, J Lo, Eddie Vedder, Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes, Paul McCartney, John Legend & Sam Smith) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3_C7BwcV0kBlJbBFHTPJQ
- Something I did: Lots of Baking and Cooking, Walks, Board and Card games, crafing with the kids and EASTER EGG HUNT!! …and some serious film and TV watching time. Onward was sooo good #ImNotCryingYoureCrying
- To watch: https://youtu.be/B1eyZAedhY4
- To Listen: https://youtu.be/xpdPFLiPLTwYou’ll never hear purer tone than from Alison Balsom!
- So much spring cleaning! And redid the basement laundry room. I’m also reading a biography on John Adams (I likes me some history!) and am working my way through a series of Scottish mystery novels by Ian Rankin. Lots of time playing outside as well. It was a good week!