Just a reminder about the performance tomorrow.
- Please be there as close to 12:30pm as you can to start performing at 1pm.
- We are performing at the cafeteria.
- We will have the division polo shirts there.
- Percussion instruments will be there
- Bring your music but we also have extra parts if needed.
Address: 134 Primrose Dr #1, Saskatoon, SK S7K5S6
The Division band is performing for the Opening of the New Safeway store this coming Sunday at 1pm. Students should be at the Lawson Heights Safeway at 12:30pm to set up for a 1pm start, we will be finished by 1:45pm.
- Sunday February 4th at 1pm
- arrive at 12.30 to set up, we will be performing at the cafeteria area in the new store
What to wear:
- Division Uniform. Dress smartly
Music to play:
- Colliding Visions
- In the Court of the King
- Fields of Clover
- Harry Potter
- Somewhere in my memory
- Starburst Fanfare
- Any solo music/duets/small ensemble music people want to perform
For Senior Division Class members please see the attached rehearsal notes for January 17th.
- Please pay band fees if you have not already done so
- The seniors have been asked to play at the opening of the new Safeway store at Lawson Heights from 1-2pm on February 4th. Please confirm attendence asasp,
- Resonate forms must be filled in and returned or complete online.
PSSD East Hub Jan 17
Hello and Happy New Year!
Just a reminder for grade 7-12 students the first Division rehearsal of 2018 is this coming Wednesday. It is vital all students attend as we work through new pieces and towards Pulse Festival, Optimist Festival and more events in the coming months.
Lots of exciting events coming up so watch this space and your inbox for announcements.
Thank you to all our wonderful students, parents, staff, admins, BPA members and Lakeview Church for a great concert last night. A great marker for all the students to build upon as we move into 2018.
We are into our last week of music classes before the break.
Wednesday 13th: Aberdeen (All grade 5 and 6)
Thursday 14th: Allan and AGO
Friday 15th: Clavet (Senior gift exchange) 5 and 6 all.
Monday 16th: Colonsay and AGO
Tuesday 19th: 7-12 report comments and update sent out.
We are still looking for band parent association members. Please contact Mr. Martin of you can help in any capacity.
Some Key Point Reminders for Tomorrows Concert
Venue Lakeview Chuch –> Map and Directions at this link https://goo.gl/maps/Hu7XQHFiCDu
Letters/Docs for Winter Concert: please click on the relevant documents if you haven’t read them:
Winter Concert 17 Student letter PSSD East Beginner Parent Letter
Winter Concert December 11th Band Picture order form 2017
Photo/Picture Forms – Please hand these in to Mrs. Schmidt when you get to the Church. If you want a picture but don’t have a form filled in there will be forms there and payment can also be made at a later time with D & M Images.
Senior Division Band Members – Remember to bring two Dozen baking items to sell at the bake sale. The proceeds will go towards a year end activity for you.
Sock Drive – If you have any new pairs of socks to donate to charity please bring them tomorrow to the concert.
Bus Times: See the previous post below for getting a bus after school
Tomorrow is the final division classes and rehearsal for students in Grade 7-12, prior to next Mondays Concert. Please be there and prepared to work hard.
Next weeks Busses to the concert: (all grade 5, 6 and 7-12 students will be bused to the concert venue but need a ride home)
BUS #1 – Colonsay – 3:10; Allan – 3:25 – Lakeview Church – Bus 324 – Dawn Loessin
Bus #2 – Hanley – 3:05; Dundurn – 3:25; SCP – 3:45 – Lakeview Church – Bus 400 – Brenda King
Bus #3 – Aberdeen – 3:05 – Lakeview Church – Bus 250 – Gail Semchyshen
Bus #4 – Clavet – 3:20 – Lakeview Church – Bus 176 – Paul Baby
Bus #5 – Clavet – 3:20 – Lakeview Church – Bus 177 – Rick Gartner
The Division “Song” Class and Senior Percussion Ensemble will be performing this coming Wednesday at the Bassment Jazz Club in Saskatoon for the Annual Resonate Gala (fundraiser) concert. Come out and cheer them on as they join students from across the entire division and the Staff House Band.
Performing: Rockapella (Division “Song” Class)
Bucket Bashers (Senior Percussionists)
Akira Patry, Alec Liebel, Drayden MacEwan, Kade Duncalfe & Vaughn Pitzel
Date: November 29th, 2017
Show Time: 7 pm, doors open at 6:40 pm
Student Arrival Time: 6:20 pm
Venue: The Bassment, 202 4th Avenue, Saskatoon
- Performing students do not need tickets
- Tickets for parents & guests as follows:
- $10/18 & under
- $40/family (of 4)
- Poinsettias & other items available for auction
- All proceeds go to the 2018 Resonate Student Music Conference
Tickets may be purchased from your school office or from your Music Teacher.
Just a reminder to all grade 7-12 students our penultimate division band rehearsal and curricular classes at Allan before the winter concert is tomorrow. It is vital all 7-12 students attend.
Fields of Clover – Somewhere in my memory – Krampus
We will also be rehearsing for the Resonate Gala concert, next Wednesday November 29th. The song class and percussion ensemble will be taking part.
With apologies for the late notice there is unfortunately no grade 5/6 Retreat on November 22nd. All grade 5’s and 6’s will rehearse and have pictures at the Term 1 performance -Winter concert. THERE IS DIVISION CLASSES IN ALLAN FOR GRADE 7-12.
The Winter Concert takes place on December 11th at Lakeview Church at 7pm but students will be bused directly from their home school at the end of the day to Lakeview church. They will however need taking home after the concert.
There will be a winter market in the lobby before the concert any interested vendors please contact one of the Band Parents and see the below information.
What? – Term 1 performance and Winter Concert for all Music Students at Lakeview Church.
- Grade 5 – Performing: Selections from their solfege soundstart sheets and Jingle Bells
- Grade 6 – Performing: The Kings Flourish, Kickstart, selections from Soundstart
- Division Band – Performing: Fields of Clover, Somewhere in my Memory, Krampus
Who? All music students from Grade 5-12.
When? December 11th.
- 3pm onwards – Students bused from their home schools to Lakeview Church
- 4pm-5pm Grade 6 rehearsal and pictures
- 5-6pm Grade 5 rehearsal and pictures
- 6pm Division Band rehearsal and Pictures
- 5-7pm – Winter Markets in Lakeview Atrium
- 6:30pm – Concert doors open
- 7pm – Concert start
- 8:15pm – Concert finish
- Lakeview Church (Site 510, Box 15, RR5, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3J8)
- Grade 5 and 6: Smart Dress, White shirt/blouse, Tie optional, Black Dress Pants/Skirt (no joggers), Black Dress shoes (no runner or sneakers)
- Grade 7-12: Black Pants, Socks and Shoes (no runners) Division Polo shirt will be provided.
What to bring:
- Music, Instrument, Concert Dress, Supper or spending money for the winter market, Socks for the sock drive, baking for the bake sale (7-12 only).