Congratulations to everyone who participated in Read to Ride this year! We had such great participation and heard back on so many fun learning activities! Way to go SCP students and families!
Congratulations to Quinn in grade 2 and Devin in grade 4/5! You’re our grand prize winners! Thanks to SCP SCC for sponsoring our Read to Ride/Math to Ride prizes, including 2 awesome bikes! Yay!!
Read to Ride is a tradition at SCP School, designed to promote a love of literacy and learning! Students earn coupons to enter a draw for one of two mountain bikes sponsored by our SCC! Students can also earn smaller prizes along the way!
Students can enter the contest by choosing to play a board game, bake something, go geocaching, or solve a mystery! Students can also enter by spending time reading, practicing flashcards, or doing a wordsearch! Just so long as you’re reading, writing, doing math…and of course having fun learning!
Don’t forget to fill in your coupon and return to your teacher to win prizes, including our grand prizes of two mountain bikes!
The contest runs from April 12 to May 14.
We can’t wait to see all the fun Read to Ride and Math to Ride activities! Send us a short video of your Read to Ride and Math to Ride activities and we’ll make a school montage to celebrate all the great learning!
Ideas for Math and Literacy Activities:
We hope you can spend a little time each day reading, writing and doing math! Here are some ideas for family literacy and math activities!
- Stonebridge Archaeology Walking Tour
- Dice Games
- Board Games
- Card Games
- Printable Sudoku Puzzles
- STEM projects
- In the Kitchen
- Visit your local library
- Flashcard Fun
- Grocery Shopping
- Word Searches and Crossword Puzzles
- Sight Word games
- Local Geocaching at the Horse Park, Old Grasswood School and our very own SCP School!
- Counting and Sorting activities
- a Math Scavenger Hunt
- Silent Reading and read alouds
- Agriculture in the Classroom Activities
- Write a letter or send a postcard
- Saskatchewan Archaeological Society Activities
- Rocks and Rings Activities
- Share your ideas with us in the comment section below!