Valley Manor School Community Council Physical Activity Related Field Trip Fundraiser
Valley Manor is launching its fall fundraiser to support Physical Activity related Field Trips at our school. As a result of the limited “in gym” time classes have during the school year our School Community Council (for the fifth year in a row) has provided each classroom $250.00 to be used towards field trips that get students moving (gymnastics, fitness classes, indoor swimming, bowling..etc). The fundraising campaign will run from October 8th to 22nd. We hope you will support this worthwhile fundraising initiative!
The youngest student in the family has been sent home with a Seller’s Package. Each package contains:
- Complete instructions on the front of the envelope
- Order form
- Additional order forms available on request from the school office.
Students can turn their orders at any time to their classroom teacher or the Main Office immediately upon their arrival at school.
- If school sells $50,000 worth of gift cards, the school will receive approx. $2,500 and 10 teachers will have a pie thrown in their faces by students who have participated in the fundraiser (students will be drawn to throw pies).
- If school sells $100,000 worth of gift cards, the school will receive approx. $5,000 and the top fundraising classes in K-2, Gr. 3 to 5 and Gr. 6 to 8 will earn a Pizza Lunch
- If school sells $150,000 worth of gift cards, the school will receive approx. $7,500 and the entire school will earn a BBQ Lunch.
- Those students who participate by selling at least 1 order will have their name entered into draws for additional prizes.
What is FundScrip?
Fundscrip is an innovative program that lets you earn cash rebates for your organization based on things you buy everyday like groceries, gas and other household items. Every month you spend hundreds of dollars for things like food, gas, clothing, pharmacy, restaurants, electronics, home renovations, department stores and so on. All you have to do is pay for some or all of your purchases using GIFT CARDS bought at face value from FundScrip participating retailers and a percentage of every gift card purchased is contributed to your group’s fundraising efforts.
Most fundraisers ask you to take out your chequebook to buy things you don’t want or need….FundScrip cost you nothing!
You make your usual visit to the grocery store. You fill your cart and go to the check out. Instead of paying with cash or a debit card, you use a gift card that you purchased through our group. It costs you nothing extra but you just earned money for our school.
Are you someone who likes to give Gift Cards for Christmas? Here is an opportunity to get your Christmas Shopping done and support our school?
Ask family and friends to support our school! We encourage everyone to invite their family members, friends, co-workers and neighbors to participate in FundScrip as well. After all, they probably buy groceries, gas, etc. just like you do. You could give them an order form and they can order at the same time.
The gift cards come preloaded and are available in various denominations. As you use the cards, the value of the purchase is automatically deducted from the value stored on the card. If you don’t use the entire amount, the balance remains on the card and can be used for future purchases.
Our FundScrip Fundraiser will run from Tuesday, October 8th to Tuesday, October 22nd . Gift Cards will be available for pick up at VMS by mid-November.