With flu season fast approaching, Martensville Pharmasave would like to update parents regarding flu shots for the 2020 year, including the new COVID-19 precautions.
Pharmacists can provide flu shots to children aged 5 and up; children who are younger than 5 years old will have to receive their flu shot from Public Health or their family doctor.
Booking for flu shots is now open and administration of flu shots will begin October 19th. There is a new online booking platform that will be accessible at https://pharmasavemartensville.medmeapp.com/schedule. Appointments must be scheduled, they will not accept walk-in flu shots. Here are some things to remember:
- Please do not arrive sooner than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring a mask or face covering to your appointment.
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided before entering the store.
- Due to higher foot-traffic during flu shot season, there will be a limited amount of people allowed in the store- please be patient if you are required to wait in line outside the store!
- Have both the Influenza Vaccination Consent form and the COVID-19 Screening form filled out prior to your appointment. These forms will be available on the online booking platform. If you do not use the online booking platform, and wish to make your appointment by phone, please fill out the consent form and screening form prior to your appointment.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough/sore throat, headache, chills, runny nose, nasal congestion, loss of sense of smell or appetite, difficulty breathing, chest pain, extreme drowsiness, confusion, muscle/joint pain, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea—do not enter the store, please call 811 to get instructions on the best time and location to receive your influenza vaccination.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult, limit of one guardian in the room.
Please contact Pharmasave at 306-931-4500 if you have any additional questions.