The following bell schedule is used by all classes from Kindergarten to Grade Eight. Each teacher has his/her own timetable whereby she/he plans instruction in accordance with the Ministry of Education required time allocation for each subject.
Valley Manor School, like all other schools in the Prairie Spirit School Division, follows a six-day cycle.
- 8:40 Warning (time to use the washroom/get a drink before class)
- 8:45 School begins
- 10:15 Recess begins (Kindergarten only)
- 10:30 Recess begins (Grades 1/4/5/7)
- 10:45 Recess begins (Grades 2/3/6/8)
- 11:00 Recess ends
- 12:00 Lunch begins *(see note below)
- 12:20 Students dismissed to go outside *(see note below)
- 12:43 Warning (time to use the washroom/get a drink before class)
- 12:48 School resumes for the afternoon
- 3:03 Students dismissed (daily)
*Kindergarten, Grades 1, 4, 5 & 7 eat lunch at 12:00 and are dismissed for lunch recess at 12:20. Grades 2, 3, 6 & 8 will be dismissed for lunch recess at 12:00 and come inside at 12:20 to eat lunch. This will rotate on alternating months beginning September.
Arrival at school:
We ask that students arrive as close as possible to bell time, unless involved in an activity supervised by a teacher. Doors are opened at 8:25 in the morning at which time students may place book bags, etc., on the boot rack and then return outside (this is not possible this year due to COVID-19 restrictions). Instead, students are to meet their teachers and classmates at their classroom labelled pylon and walk into the school as a group.