The following bell schedule is used by all classes from Kindergarten to Grade Eight. Each teacher has his/her own timetable whereby she/he plans instruction in accordance with the Ministry of Education required time allocation for each subject.
Valley Manor School, like all other schools in the Prairie Spirit School Division, follows a six-day cycle.
- 8:40 Warning (time to use the washroom/get a drink before class)
- 8:45 School begins
- 10:15 Recess begins (Kindergarten, Grades 3/7)
- 10:30 Recess begins (Grades 2/5/8)
- 10:45 Recess begins (Grades 1/4/6)
- 11:00 Recess ends
- 12:00 Lunch begins (Kindergarten, Grades 2/4/6/8)
- 12:00 Students dismissed to go outside (Grades 1/3/5/7)
- 12:20 Lunch begins (Grades 1/3/5/7)
- 12:20 Students dismissed to go outside(Kindergarten&Grades 2/4/6/8)
- 12:43 Warning (time to use the washroom/get a drink before class)
- 12:48 School resumes for the afternoon
- 3:00 Students dismissed (daily)
Arrival at school:
We ask that students arrive as close as possible to bell time, unless involved in an activity supervised by a teacher. Doors are opened at 8:25 in the morning at which time students may place book bags, etc., on the boot rack and then return outside (this is not possible this year due to COVID-19 restrictions).