At its regular Board meeting on Monday, December 17, the Prairie Spirit Board of Education approved a motion to set the grades in WCMS at grades 4 – 7 for the 2013/14 school year. For more information, see the complete memo to parents via the link below.
Letter to Parents re WCMS grade configuration
609 total views, 1 views today
What will WCMS’ school colours, team name and logo be?
September 2013 will mark the opening of Prairie Spirit School Divisionâ€™s newest school, Warman Community Middle School. Naming our school in October was one step in our coming to exist. The development of an identity through imagery such as school colours, a school logo, and a school team name are the next significant steps in creating a public identity and the beginning of developing a sense of pride and ownership in Warman Community Middle School.
The logo development process will be comprised of the following steps and be guided by the work of a committee comprised of school and community stakeholders:
- Input/suggestions sought from community stakeholders on school colours, team name, and logo concept/theme. (January)
- The logo development committee will consider the input and determine a direction for school colours, team name, and logo conceptualization.
- Through the services of a graphic design firm, three logo concepts/proposals will be developed based on the recommendations of the logo development committee.
- The logo concepts/proposals will be shared with community stakeholders (students, parents, staff) and feedback will be sought. (March)
- The committee will make a recommendation to Prairie Spirit School division to approve one of the proposals as our official colours, team name and logo. (April)
STARTING JANUARY 3, 2013, pick up a suggestion form at either the WES or WHS main offices or visit the WCMS website at https://blogs.spiritsd.ca/wms. We will be seeking input from any community stakeholders â€“ students, staff, parents, community, so put your thinking caps on!
617 total views
These photos were taken on Thursday, November 22. You can click on each thumbnail for a larger view.
[catablog_gallery id=”664″ template=”gallery” category=”Nov 2012″]
630 total views
The name of Warman’s new school was announced today amid a packed house of staff, students, community, and dignitaries.
Warman Community Middle School was selected appropximately 60 suggestions that were received this spring. The names were considered by a subcommittee of community and school division representatives, with the final decision made by the Board of Education. The chosen name is a combination of a few suggestions and reflects the strong sense of community in Warman.
school naming photos for WCMS blog
557 total views
Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year. There has been much excitement in the community as the new school continues to take shape.
Coming soon – details on the school naming ceremony!
533 total views