At its regular Board meeting on Monday, December 17, the Prairie Spirit Board of Education approved a motion to set the grades in WCMS at grades 4 – 7 for the 2013/14 school year. For more information, see the complete memo to parents via the link below.
Letter to Parents re WCMS grade configuration
660 total views
What will WCMS’ school colours, team name and logo be?
September 2013 will mark the opening of Prairie Spirit School Divisionâ€™s newest school, Warman Community Middle School. Naming our school in October was one step in our coming to exist. The development of an identity through imagery such as school colours, a school logo, and a school team name are the next significant steps in creating a public identity and the beginning of developing a sense of pride and ownership in Warman Community Middle School.
The logo development process will be comprised of the following steps and be guided by the work of a committee comprised of school and community stakeholders:
- Input/suggestions sought from community stakeholders on school colours, team name, and logo concept/theme. (January)
- The logo development committee will consider the input and determine a direction for school colours, team name, and logo conceptualization.
- Through the services of a graphic design firm, three logo concepts/proposals will be developed based on the recommendations of the logo development committee.
- The logo concepts/proposals will be shared with community stakeholders (students, parents, staff) and feedback will be sought. (March)
- The committee will make a recommendation to Prairie Spirit School division to approve one of the proposals as our official colours, team name and logo. (April)
STARTING JANUARY 3, 2013, pick up a suggestion form at either the WES or WHS main offices or visit the WCMS website at https://blogs.spiritsd.ca/wms. We will be seeking input from any community stakeholders â€“ students, staff, parents, community, so put your thinking caps on!
694 total views
These photos were taken on Thursday, November 22. You can click on each thumbnail for a larger view.
[catablog_gallery id=”664″ template=”gallery” category=”Nov 2012″]
684 total views
The name of Warman’s new school was announced today amid a packed house of staff, students, community, and dignitaries.
Warman Community Middle School was selected appropximately 60 suggestions that were received this spring. The names were considered by a subcommittee of community and school division representatives, with the final decision made by the Board of Education. The chosen name is a combination of a few suggestions and reflects the strong sense of community in Warman.
school naming photos for WCMS blog
632 total views
Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year. There has been much excitement in the community as the new school continues to take shape.
Coming soon – details on the school naming ceremony!
597 total views, 1 views today