At our most recent SCC meeting, members discussed communication as a tool to support the SCCs overall goal of smooth transitions into WCMS. Following this discussion, we wanted to update a couple of things:
– The Staff page of this blog now includes names, responsibilities and email addresses for all staff members.
– Planners are a tool used by some teachers but this is not a standardized practice at WCMS. Making contact with a classroom teacher is the best way to determine what methods of communication will work best in order for you to stay “in the loop” with regard to what’s going on in the classroom.
– Daily announcements for the school (information about practices, club meetings, reminders for students etc) can be found on the Daily Announcements tab of this page.
– if you have a concern or question about a specific club or activity, please don’t hesitate to contact the staff member responsible. If you’re not sure who is running something, give Patty a call (683-3000) or email (email@example.com) and she can point you in the right direction.
– Information about House Games (Intramurals) has been added to the Extra-Curricular page
– The Prairie Spirit Technology Department is currently checking into the use of widgets that would allow you to receive alerts to your mobile devices when this site is updated. We should be more information about this in the next couple of weeks.
– WCMS is not yet at a position to utilize the Power Parent feature of Power School. This may be considered in the future.
We wish to extend a thank you to the SCC and other community members who have offered suggestions and feedback as we begin to establish routines and procedures at WCMS. As you can imagine, this is no small task and there is much work to do! Thank you for your input and support. Go Storm!