Thank you to everyone who provide ideas on school colors and team name to our committee. The initial input period is now closed.
We look forward to sharing three draft concepts of a school logo that will feature our school colors and team name in mid March. We will visit Grade 3-6 students at school and have a display set up at the WHS and WES parent/teacher/student conferences. Our committee looks forward to collecting your feedback and ideas on the concepts.
Print off the input form (link below) and drop off at the offices of either Warman Elementary or High Schools or the Prairie Spirit School Division before the end of January.
WCMS Identity Development Input Form Jan 2013
These photos were taken on Friday, December 20th. The building is almost enclosed and many areas are under heat as framing is underway. You can click on each thumbnail for a larger view.
[catablog_gallery id=”817″ template=”gallery”]
At its regular Board meeting on Monday, December 17, the Prairie Spirit Board of Education approved a motion to set the grades in WCMS at grades 4 – 7 for the 2013/14 school year. For more information, see the complete memo to parents via the link below.
Letter to Parents re WCMS grade configuration
What will WCMS’ school colours, team name and logo be?
September 2013 will mark the opening of Prairie Spirit School Divisionâ€™s newest school, Warman Community Middle School. Naming our school in October was one step in our coming to exist. The development of an identity through imagery such as school colours, a school logo, and a school team name are the next significant steps in creating a public identity and the beginning of developing a sense of pride and ownership in Warman Community Middle School.
The logo development process will be comprised of the following steps and be guided by the work of a committee comprised of school and community stakeholders:
- Input/suggestions sought from community stakeholders on school colours, team name, and logo concept/theme. (January)
- The logo development committee will consider the input and determine a direction for school colours, team name, and logo conceptualization.
- Through the services of a graphic design firm, three logo concepts/proposals will be developed based on the recommendations of the logo development committee.
- The logo concepts/proposals will be shared with community stakeholders (students, parents, staff) and feedback will be sought. (March)
- The committee will make a recommendation to Prairie Spirit School division to approve one of the proposals as our official colours, team name and logo. (April)
STARTING JANUARY 3, 2013, pick up a suggestion form at either the WES or WHS main offices or visit the WCMS website at https://blogs.spiritsd.ca/wms. We will be seeking input from any community stakeholders â€“ students, staff, parents, community, so put your thinking caps on!