The Subway has opened at the Legends and with that has come questions of whether students can go over to purchase a sandwich and then return to the school. For the time being, we will be continuing to direct students going to the Legends to eat their food in the food court there. The main factor in this is that students may have to wait a significant time to obtain purchased food and by the time they have their food, classroom have been vacated and students have gone outside or to the gym for lunch recess. We look forward to working with the City of Warman and it’s vendors on plans to streamline this service in the future.
688 total views
Our November 2013 newsletter is ready for viewing.
In This Issue
- WCMS Grand Opening
- Parent-Teacher Interviews
- Progress Reports
- Remembrance Day Program
- Community Library
- Tell Them From Me Survey
- Extracurricular Update
716 total views
With trick or treating season upon us, we want to remind all that WCMS is on NUT ALERT. We have students with life-threatening allergies to nuts. Please do not bring food items that contain nuts or nut products to school. We ask parents/guardians to be mindful of the amount and type of candy being brought to school by students.
741 total views
Students have been advised that WCMS is a two shoe school and they will be asked to remove their footwear at the door when they come in. Our additional boot rooms are nearing completion but in the interim, we ask for cooperation in keeping our floors dry and safe. Thank you!
602 total views
At our most recent SCC meeting, members discussed communication as a tool to support the SCCs overall goal of smooth transitions into WCMS. Following this discussion, we wanted to update a couple of things:
– The Staff page of this blog now includes names, responsibilities and email addresses for all staff members.
– Planners are a tool used by some teachers but this is not a standardized practice at WCMS. Making contact with a classroom teacher is the best way to determine what methods of communication will work best in order for you to stay “in the loop” with regard to what’s going on in the classroom.
– Daily announcements for the school (information about practices, club meetings, reminders for students etc) can be found on the Daily Announcements tab of this page.
– if you have a concern or question about a specific club or activity, please don’t hesitate to contact the staff member responsible. If you’re not sure who is running something, give Patty a call (683-3000) or email (email@example.com
) and she can point you in the right direction.
– Information about House Games (Intramurals) has been added to the Extra-Curricular page
– The Prairie Spirit Technology Department is currently checking into the use of widgets that would allow you to receive alerts to your mobile devices when this site is updated. We should be more information about this in the next couple of weeks.
– WCMS is not yet at a position to utilize the Power Parent feature of Power School. This may be considered in the future.
We wish to extend a thank you to the SCC and other community members who have offered suggestions and feedback as we begin to establish routines and procedures at WCMS. As you can imagine, this is no small task and there is much work to do! Thank you for your input and support. Go Storm!
832 total views