The Grade 8 class is busy decid- ing on fundraising events that we would like to do for our Regina trip. Mrs. Bain has us signed up for a couple of pizza sales, Prairie Meats, and maybe a float sale.
- ELA -The class has just begun looking at the novel, The Outsiders.
- Arts Ed/ Careers – visual representations of our favorite songs
- Health – finishing the study of the “7 Habits of Effective Teens” – Media messages
- Math 8.1-We are currently wrapping up our unit on measurement and will have an exam on Wednesday, March 19.
- Math 8.2 – Working on percent, ratio and proportion – word and number sentences.
- Science 8 Boys – Studying about the three states of water, the diversity of life in water and the geological processes that create oceans, rivers and lakes.
- Science 8 Girls- Have been applying their knowledge about cells and using microscopes to learning about tissues of the body.
- Phys. Ed – Have been playing games while Mr. Cory was away, now into Badminton and fitness testing.
- Home Ec – Working on Baking Basics – making pancakes, muffins, cookies and more.