The final week is upon us, and it’s a time to reflect on 2015. How has your professional year been? Have you achieved the goals you set for yourself, or made progress towards them? Have your students surprised you this year? How? When you come back in 2016, what is it that you are hoping to try? Please feel free to take some risks, try to engage your students in ways you may have never thought of before….think outside the box, and when it works celebrate the heck out of it, and if it bombs, file it under the won’t try that one again file.
The students have been working hard on their preparation for the Christmas concert and we are all looking forward to seeing the finished product on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night. Just remember that the gym will not be open for the week so plan your PE accordingly.
Some house keeping items before the break:
- Make sure kids take home any perishable items and have them do a locker clean up
- Joanne & Joe will be doing the floors in the high school end (all rooms) so we need to help them out by moving our desks/chairs to the hallway on Friday, period 5.
- If you have furniture (i.e. couches/big chairs/area rugs, etc.) please have a couple kids move those to the stage
- During the week of the 28th to Jan. 1st they are waxing the hallways so please do not come out to the school unless it’s an emergency
If anything else comes up, we’ll let you know.
What’s Happening This Week:
- The gym will be closing today as we prepare for the Christmas concert this week
- The sr. girls basketball team heads to Dalmeny
- Christmas concert takes place at 1:30 – open to all
- Gr. 8 bowling period 3
- Baby Shower 3:45 @ Jen Willms’ house
- Christmas concert 7:00
- Sr. girls & boys hosting basketball games at Bethany
- Subway lunch
- Classroom clean up
- Note: the bowling alley is unavailable today
Finally, a wish to you all to have a safe and relaxing holiday. Take some time for yourself and make sure you give your loved ones that little extra hug.
Create a great week everyone!
185 total views, 1 views today