Students attending Traditions Elementary School may be eligible for bus service if they are further than 1Km from Traditions elementary School. The Prairie Spirit School Division organizes all of the busing for our students and has determined the criteria for urban busing in the City of Warman. Please click here to view the map
Please click here to view the 21/22 Bus stop locations and Pick Up and Drop off Times.
More information on busing service (including bus pass applications, school bus route maps and schedules, and busing policy) can be located on the Prairie Spirit School Division website at www.spiritsd.ca/buses
Other busing information:
- Students must have a bus pass in their possession to ride a school bus.
- Students may only ride the bus for which they have a pass for, and must board/get off at the bus stop indicated on the bus pass.
- Applications for an urban bus pass can found here. If you need a Rural pass you can find that here, or you can call the school office. at the school office. When complete please send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please allow the Prairie Spirit School Division Bus Garage a two-week turnaround time for a bus pass to be completed. Once bus passes are processed, they are delivered to your child’s school, and sent home with your child.
- If you are moving to a new home or changing schools in Warman you must reapply for a new bus pass.
- Information on bus cancellations is updated daily (shortly after 6:00AM) and can located on the PSSD Transportation webpage or by calling the PSSD Bus Hotline at 306-683-2805. Warman Urban bus students will NOT receive a phone call from the bus driver regarding bus cancellations in severe weather.
- Buses in Prairie Spirit School Division will not run if the combined temperature and wind chill factors result in a reading of -40 degrees or below at 6am (as reported by Environment Canada for Saskatoon)
- In stormy conditions, bus drivers will use their discretion to determine whether or not to run. Buses are not to operate if weather conditions such as freezing rain, dense fog, heavy rain, or severe dust storms impair visibility or otherwise cause dangerous travel conditions. Bus drivers decide whether or not to run by no later than thirty minutes before the first scheduled morning pick up and by no later than one hour prior to the scheduled afternoon dismissal.
- Buses that do not run at the regular time in the morning due to weather conditions may in the afternoon if conditions improve.
- Even if the buses are not running, parents are welcome to transport their children to school. The school is still open and having regular classes and would be closed to students only for reasons such as health and safety so please inform the school if your child will not be attending.
- There will be no early dismissals due to deteriorating weather conditions. If it is determined buses will not run at the regular dismissal time, previously arranged urban billeting is to be used for bus students, and families are to be notified of those arrangements. Please keep your contact information updated for this purpose.