The École Warman Elementary School Library strives to provide a welcoming environment where students and staff have access to a wide range of information in a variety of formats (French & English). We support the development of lifelong learning skills as well as literacy for learning, recreational and informational needs.
The library materials are carefully selected to support curriculum, develop literacy, encourage curiosity and inquiry and support students’ social, cultural and emotional growth. We want the love of reading and learning to be a part of our students’ lives forever.
The library is overseen by caring library technicians and wonderful volunteers who assist in keeping our library operational.
The École Warman Elementary School Library is a vibrant hub of activity. We rely on parent volunteers to help keep our library operating at its best.
What can volunteers do?
- shelve books (this is where assistance is most frequently required)
- shelf read (ensure the books on the shelf are in the proper order)
- sign books in and out to patrons
- assist students to find appropriate books
- prepare books for processing
- assist with Book Fairs
How do I become a volunteer?
- Please call the school (306-933-2066) for more information about volunteering. All volunteers in Prairie Spirit schools must complete the necessary record check (AP-501) and paperwork.