2023/2024 SCC School Community Council Members
Corinne Dutka – School Administrator
Susan Jeske – Teacher Representative
Michelle Dueck – Chairperson
Colleen Neufeld – Community Representative
Reno Therrien – Community Representative
Julie Shaw-Bergen – Community Representative
The SCC is an important partner at Laird School. This group supports the school with student learning and well-being in a variety of ways. Below is a description of the SCC and the role of the SCC from the Government of Saskatchewan:
SCC works directly with parents and the community to develop shared responsibility for the learning success and well-being of all children and youth. They encourage and facilitate the involvement of youth, parents and the community in school planning and improvement processes. They work to advance the educational objectives of their school.
The roles and responsibilities of SCC include:
- encouraging parent and community participation in education;
- developing a good understanding of their community including its needs, resources, supports and goals for student learning and well-being;
- cooperating with school staff to develop school-level plans;
- communicating annually with families and community members about their activities and accomplishments;
- SCC may also provide advice and recommendations to their boards of education, school staff and other organizations about the learning needs and well-being of students
I hope you will consider becoming a part of the Laird School SCC!
SCC members are typically elected to a 2-year term and, at this time, Laird School has 4 SCC Members. SCC groups can have up to 8-9 parent/community members along with 2 school staff members. We have spaces available for additional SCC members.
Folks who are eligible to vote must:
- Be the parent of a student enrolled in the school (including parents who do not reside within the attendance area of the school); AND/OR
- Reside within the school attendance area.
Please note that our regular SCC Meetings are open to all, not just SCC Members. Through the school newsletter, Laird School communicates dates and times of our meetings so that family/community members may attend.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me on this matter or any other.