Today is Gymblast day for Gr.5-8! We will get the Gr. 5’s to start heading over to the MAP at 9:45 and the Gr. 6’s at 9:50. Please bring your inside shoes. Gr. 7’s and 8’s will meet at school after lunch for attendance and then head over to the MAP.
Gr. 7/8 Boys basketball practice today at 3:15 in the gym.
Gr. 5-8 Pizza money and orders need to be in by 1:15 today.
Safety Patrol Team C on duty today.
Happy Birthday today: Mya, Payton, Holly, Kennedy 31st – Preston Feb. 1 – Eden, Ava and Keira
Reminder that there is no school tomorrow for all students.
Parent Teacher Interviews are next week – if you have not signed up on-line yet please do so. The link can be found on our website (right hand side under Blogroll)
Tomorrow VMS is hosting its annual Gr. 5 to 8 Gymblast. We are very excited to be holding this year’s event over at the Martensville Athletic Pavilion. Gr. 5’s and 6’s will participate from 10-12 a.m. and Gr. 7 and 8 will participate from 1:15-3:15. Students were placed onto 1 of 4 coloured teams. Students are asked to wear their team colours and can paint faces…etc. Student will be very active, participating in a variety of athletic activities so should dress accordingly. We look forward to a great day together tomorrow and thank the MAP for allowing us to use the facility for this year’s Gym Blast!
We have had some questions regarding the upcoming Gr. 5-8 Pizza lunch being served at VMS on Fri Feb 6. A couple of parents approached the school and asked if there was a chance of offering a hot lunch in the month of Feb as a fundraiser for their daughters to travel to Montreal for Gymnastics. As Feb was the only month that our school wasn’t offering a hot lunch, their request was granted. The parents and their children are looking after everything so that there is no added workload for the VMS staff. Parents are free to support the fundraiser if they so wish. Yes, the lunch is being held at the school and the orders are coming to the building but that is all that the school has to do with it.
We try as much as possible to support our kids and community in their extra-curricular activities so invite organizations (Soccer, Ball, Hockey, Girl Guides etc) to continue to use us an information distribution method for your events and activities.
As for School fundraisers going on we continue to appreciate your support as we work towards building an additional playground (Healthy Bodies)and beautifying our school grounds. Fundraising activities in the month of Feb. and early March will be going to Telemiracle (Healthy Community). Watch for more information about these activities in our Newsletter and of course on our Website.
Mr. Harrison, Principal – VMS
1. Newspaper team meets today at 12:30 in the library
2. There will be NO Student Leadership Team meeting today. There will be one next week.
3. Gr. 8 Boys have a Basketball game in Duck Lake today after school. The bus will pick up players at the Northridge Centre at 3:15, so boys you must take your shoes and gym change to the play this afternoon
4. Gr. 5-8 Gym Blast tomorrow-please remember to wear your colours.
5. Track Meeting at recess with the 16 athletes participating at tomorrow’s KofC meet.
1. All Gr. 7/8 Girls Basketball Players have a game at the MAP immediately after school today. Please remember to bring your jerseys
2. Gr. 7/8 Boys Basketball practice today after school in the gym
3. Gr. 7/8 Girls Badminton practice tomorrow morning at 7:30 at the MAP. Boys practice Friday morning.
4. Choir practice today at 12:35 in the Music Room
Happy Birthday: Grace F, Trinity W, and Rya W all in Gr. 8
The January Newsletter has been posted. Please go to the Newsletter tab to find it. January and February Home and School Connection newsletters have been added as well.