1. Lost and Found- Please check the items in the front foyer today. Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity over the break.
2. Gr. 5 and 6 Floor Hockey Final today in the gym. Good luck to the Phantoms and the Penguins! Game at 12:30
3. Last Chance to get into the NHL Playoff Predictor Challenge. Over 120 brackets have been handed in. Entries will be accepted until 3:30 p.m. today.
4. Staff please collect your dishes from the lunch on Monday and any other containers you might have in the staffroom.
5. Chocolate money can be returned to the office this morning. Any students/families that have boxes that they do not plan to sell please return them ASAP so that students interested in selling more can do so.
6. Did you know that 57 million children around the world are not in school, that approximately 215 million children are engaged in child labour. This is why we have a day like We are Silent. These children don’t have a voice. We have 27 students in Gr. 6-8 that are trying to be silent for the day. We wish them well.
7. Thank you to all who dressed up for Wacky Day! Have a good Easter Holiday!
In the never ending desire to become the biggest elementary school in Saskatchewan, Valley Manor will once again be undergoing an addition starting during or just after, the Easter break. As you may know, 5 classrooms were added to the north end of the school this past fall. The new plan sees 4 more classrooms added in a similar fashion but this time at the south end. This will mean the playground will be lifted and moved to the east. It will also mean that a significant part of the kgn-3 play area will be fenced off for safety purposes. You will also notice a trench being dug for a new water line running to a fire hydrant on the playground, as well as an emergency road that will run to the rear of the school. What all this will look like is still a mystery and decisions will be made on the fly once we get a look at what the cordoned off area looks like. Our facilities department will be working with contractors to make sure safety is the first priority and if you have or see some concerns please let us know and we will pass them on to our PSSD facilities department.
Note that academics remain our priority and that our administrative team sees ourselves as learning leaders. We also recognize that some inconveniences are a reality and if we are to provide adequate space for next year, we need to get working now.
Garth Harrison/Michael Cox
Valley Manor School
Remember tomorrow is Wacky Day! Dress Wacky! Talk Wacky! Be Wacky!
Gr. 6-8 students involved in “We are Silent” (tomorrow), please get your pledge forms in to Ms. Nickel.
Gr. 5/6 Floor Hockey semi finals today at noon.
If you have chocolates at home that you do not have time to sell, please return them to the office by noon tomorrow so that we can distribute them to families who would like extra cases over the Easter break.
Reminder NHL hockey picks need to be in by the end of the day tomorrow.
There will be a short Student Leadership Team meeting at 12:30 today in Ms. Nickel’s office.
For the Gr. 6-8 students that are participating in “We Are Silent” on Thursday – you need to have your pledges in today or tomorrow.
4M will be having a bake sale April 16 & 17 – see the newsletter for more information on which day each class goes.
Chocolates will be going home today with the oldest in the family – see the newsletter for more info.
Reminder that it is Subway lunch tomorrow.
Happy Birthday to Cooper E. & Brooklyne L.
1. Safety Patrol- Team C is on this week. Schedules are at the Safety Patrol Station in the front foyer. Emma, Emily, Kaitlyn K, Abby, Jordan M. and Ayden are on at noon today.
2. Gr. 5 and 6 Floor Hockey Semi-Finals take place on Wednesday with the Phantoms playing the Canadians and the Penguins taking on the Elephants.
3. Playoff Predictor Challenge- Mr. Cox will have playoff brackets available today starting at recess for all students and staff to participate in. If you are interested in guessing the Stanley Cup playoff winners, grab a predictor sheet from Mr. Cox. All forms need to be in by the end of the day on Thursday. Prizes will be awarded for round winners and the overall winner!
Happy Birthday: Rylan H. Gr. 1, Sierra R. in K and Thaily Z. Gr. 4
Joke of the Day: Knock, Knock….Who’s There? U Turn, U Turn who? U Turn the movie on and I’ll get the popcorn.