Valley Manor School would like to take an opportunity to remind ALL students and parents that we are a NUT ALERT SCHOOL. We have a significant number of students and some staff members who have some type of Nut allergy. We need everyone to please not send snacks or lunches to school containing nuts whether or not a student with a nut allergy is in that class. Some students could have a reaction from airborne contact, physical contact or by consuming nuts. For many this is a life or death matter. We appreciate everyone’s support to keep our students and staff safe while at school each day.
- Congratulations to the Grade 8 boys basketball team, who defeated VHS last night at the MAP. Great job boys! Practice for 7/8 boys tomorrow at 3:15 pm.
– Newspaper team meets today at 12:30 pm in the library.
– Gr. 7/8 Girls Basketball players have a practice after school.
– Friday, November 28 – SLT Pajama Day and chip sale. – Dress code is in effect. Chip sale on Friday at noon for 50 cents per bag. Students will be limited at one bag to allow all students the opportunity to participate.
– Christmas concert tickets will be sent home with students.
Student Leadership Team meeting at recess today. Please meet in Mrs. Proctor’s office.
Safety Patrol Team A is on today – schedules are ready to pick up at the Safety Patrol Station.
Gr. 8 Boys Basketball team – please meet in Mr. Gartner’s room at recess. You must attend if you intend on playing today afterschool. Game is at the MAP against VHS @ 3:45pm.
PK-Gr. 4 Christmas Tickets are being sent home today – please make sure that the tickets you requested are what you received. As of December 2, you can call, email or come in person and request more tickets from the office if there are still some available.
Happy Birthday to Josh (Gr. 6) and Hudson (Gr. 2).
Report Cards go home on Friday for Gr. 1-8 students.
A big thank you to Jocelyn Skutelnik for her Sunday afternoon snow clearing efforts. Jocelyn went above and beyond in clearing the sidewalks leading to and from the school and even the entrances leading up to the building. Now she might just be a big kid on a quad playing in the snow but her hard work made everyone’s Monday morning a little easier. Thanks again.
1. Newspaper team meeting today at 12:30 in the library
2. Student Leadership team meeting today in Mrs. Proctor’s office at 12:30
3. Please hand in all Christmas Concert ticket requests in the morning and afternoon as they are first come, first serve.
4. Retake Picture orders are due. Please get them to the office by tomorrow (Thursday).
Happy Birthday: Nea L in Gr. 2 and Aidan W. in Gr. 3