1. Congrats to our mustangs basketball teams who were both victorious last night versus Warman Middle School. The girls won 26-18 and the boys won 23-20. Way to go, Mustangs!
2. Fundscrip Gift Cards are now ready for pick up starting at 8:30 am. You can pick up your gift cards in the VMS Library anytime between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 8th. Due to the monetary value of the envelopes we are STRONGLY encouraging all parents of students who sold gift or people who bought gift cards to come into the building to pick up gift card orders. This will help ensure that ALL cards get to their purchasers. Gift Cards will be organized in ALPHABETICAL ORDER by the FIRST NAME of the STUDENT WHO SOLD THE CARDS. Please bring Photo ID. All adults will need to sign for cards they pick up. Thank you once again for your support!
3. Grade 5-8 Students: Please get your Healthy Hunger Lunch orders in for the Booster Juice lunch on December 15th.
No Birthdays to report today!
- Gr. 7/8 Boys Basketball team plays in Warman today after school. Groups A and B will be playing today. The bus will leave VMS at 3:15, so please be ready to leave as soon as possible after school.
- Gr. 7/8 Girls Basketball team please meet in Mr. Wellman’s room at morning recess.
Happy Birthday: Zoe A. (1), Shelby R. (1)
We are now accepting registrations for our 2017-2018 Kindergarten classes. If you have a child that will turn five by December 31, 2017 (born in 2012) and you reside south of Main Street in Martensville, please fill out the registration form below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will then receive an information package in early May with further details of your child’s enrollment and next year’s Kindergarten program.
There will be a Kindergarten Orientation in June (date TBA).
Kindergarten is a full day, 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
Please state if you would prefer: Mon/Wed alternate Friday’s or Tues/Thurs alternate Friday’s
*Please remember to apply for a birth certificate if you have not already done so, we will need a copy when registering.
1. Gr. 7/8 Girls Basketball Practice tomorrow morning at the MAP. Game after school at Vanscoy.
2. Grade 3 Christmas Concert Day – Afternoon Performance at 1:30 pm (no tickets required) Evening Performance at 7:00 pm (tickets required)
3. All Fundscrip orders will be available for Pick Up starting at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, December 8th. Families can make arrangements to pick up cards before school, during the school day or after school from 3:30 to 5:00.
4. If you would like our school blog updates sent to your email please do the following: Go to http://blogs.spiritsd.ca/valleymanor/ , scroll to the bottom, on the right hand side there will be an icon that says “Follow” add your email and hit Subscribe me!
No Birthdays to report today!
This message is sent on behalf of Bill Steckler, Conveyance Manager for Prairie Spirit School Division.
We have an ongoing problem within the cities of Warman and Martensville with traffic not stopping for the school buses when the stop arm and red flashing lights are activated.
A reminder to parents and the general public that it is the LAW that motorists must stop for the school buses when they see these safety features activated. If they are coming from the front or the rear of the bus or to the side of the bus from an adjacent street, once the lights and/or stop arm are in operation, motorists MUST STOP until operation of these safety devices has been cancelled.
We have recently had a few close calls when motorists have nearly hit children after they disembark from the school bus and begin to cross the street. Please remember S.T.O.P. means STOP moving your vehicle until the bus driver has cancelled the stop arm and red crossing lights.
Thank you for your help in keeping all students safe!