Happy Last Day of School!!!!
- Lost and Found- Today is the last day to check for lost items. All left over items will be donated to charity during the summer.
- Today is Report Card Day!
- A big thank you to students, staff and parents for all your hard work this school year! Enjoy your last day of school! HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Happy Birthday: 29th Logan H. Gr. 2, Max H. Gr. 6 and Nicolas Z. Gr. 2 30th Madeline M. Gr. 1
Happy Birthday to all of our July and August Birthday people. Please come to the office for your birthday ribbon today!
Each June, Valley Manor School staff engages in an exhaustive process of creating class lists for the following school year. Our goal is to place students in a setting that is appropriate for each child individually and for the group as a whole. The final placement of a child is a school-based decision that is made using, for example, some of the following criteria:
When grouping students for a new school year, we consider many factors including:
Social needs (individual and group)
Academic diversity of the group
Additional Classroom assistance (EA Support)
Independence / dependence
Positive / negative student relationships
Balance of males to females
Consultation with other staff involved (resource teacher, consultants, etc.)
Due to the complexities of placing students in classes, decisions are considered complete and final by the time report cards go home. Students will be made aware of who their homeroom teacher is when they receive their June report card.
- Lost and Found- Reminder to check the Lost and Found for missing items, only 5 more days to do that!
Happy Birthday: Alexis B. Gr. 1 and Nathan B. Gr. 8
- A reminder for all students bringing scooters, bikes and skateboards to school are asked to stay out of the Bus Bay Before and After School. We have 2 busses and some parents that need to access the bus bay to drop off students. Thank you for your help in keeping VMS a safe place to be.
- St John’s Music will be at VMS tonight from 6-8 p.m. to provide an opportunity for parents to rent musical instruments for the fall. This is for all students and families in Gr. 4 to 6. Mrs. Racicot will also be at the school tonight to answer any questions you may have.
Happy Birthday: Karys K. Gr. 4 and Katie R. Gr. 1
Happy First Day of Summer!
- Safety Patrol Team A is on Patrol this week. Please meet Mrs. Chiesa in the library at morning recess to pick up your schedule for the week.
- Lost and Found-A small collection of things have gathered in the Lost and Found area. Please take a look over the next 7 days to claim any of your belongings. All unclaimed items will be donated to charity over the summer.
Happy Birthday: Avery G. Gr. 1 and Kaden G. in Kindergarten