- Green Shirt Day today – lots of staff and students wearing green today in recognition of the Logan Boulet Effect. Logan was a Humboldt Bronco who has inspired people to become organ donors.
- Family Literacy Fun Fair – Tues, Apr 9th at the Northridge Centre from 4:30-7:00pm.
- Badminton – Playoffs today at Stobart School.
- Tinkercad Club (Red) – today at noon.
No Birthdays today.
2019-2020 Pre-Kindergarten applications will begin at the end of April 2019. We are still waiting to receive the application form from the Ministry. Once we receive the form we will post it on our school website. The goal is to have it ready to go for after April Break.
Lake Vista School hosts the Martensville Pre-Kindergarten Program, available to selected 3 and 4 year olds by December 31, 2019 in our community.
Some additional information about the program is as follows:
- Half day programs (either am or pm)
- Follows Prairie Spirit School Division calendar (September – June)
- Selection process available to all families in Martensville
- Located at Lake Vista School
- Pre-Kindergarten students are not eligible for busing
- Program funded by Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and provided by PSSD
- Supported by PSSD and GSCS
- No cost to families
- Maximum of sixteen students per class (two classes)
- 1:8 adult ratio
- Teacher holds a minimum Bachelor of Education Degree
- Healthy Hunger – Booster Juice.
- Green Shirt Day (Logan Boulet Effect) – Students, families and staff members are encouraged to wear green shirts in recognition of Green Shirt Day on Monday, April 8th. While the day is officially on Sunday, April 7th, schools across the province will be recognizing it on Monday, April 8th.
Please go to the following link for more information
- Family Literacy Fun Fair – Tues, Apr 9th @ Northridge Centre at 4:30-7:00pm.
- Badminton – Playoffs on Mon, Apr 8th at Stobart School.
Happy Birthday – Rayne J. (7/8) Adam S. (1H) 7th: Tyson L. (1R)
Students, families and staff members are encouraged to wear green shirts in recognition of Green Shirt Day on Monday, April 8th. While the day is officially on Sunday, April 7th, schools across the province will be recognizing it on Monday, April 8th.
Logan Boulet, the 21-year-old Humboldt Broncos hockey player, made the decision to become an organ donor prior to his passing on April 7, 2018. His decision has left a legacy and has inspired Canadians to share their wishes to become organ donors. Green Shirt Day raises awareness of the importance of organ donation and honours the generosity of Logan Boulet.
Please go to the following link for more information.