- Any grade 4-8 students interested in Choir: We will have our first practice on Thursday, October 4th in the music room at lunch recess. See Mrs. Paulsen or Ms. Millard if you have any questions.
- Volleyball practice at 3:30-4:40 tomorrow after school.
- Today, at Lake Vista School, we are celebrating Orange Shirt Day.
- We would like to announce the new SLT Committee for the 2018-2019 school year! Leah D. (5) Danika B. (5) Anika E. (5) Brooklyn H. (5) Ava M. (5) Ethan D. (6) Emma H. (6) Evan S. (6) Sophie D. (6) Madelyn S. (7) Nathan B. (7) Kaprice K. (7) Josie R. (8) Montserrat R. (8). Please meet in the SLT room today at 12:10. Bring your lunch.
Happy Birthday – Zoey M. (PK)
Many parents think that parent engagement at school means being part of the SCC, volunteering for field trips, helping at a hot dog sale or reading with children in the classroom. While these things are very valuable, parent engagement is so much more. It means getting involved in what your child is learning about and supporting them throughout their educational journey.
Students with parents who are engaged in their learning and development, no matter what their background, are more likely to do well at school. However, having the confidence to engage in your child’s learning is not easy for everyone. The good news is that you don’t need a special set of skills to make a real difference for your child. An open mind, a positive attitude and willingness to take part is all that is necessary. Stay tuned for more information on how to be a more engaged parent.
Lake Vista SCC
Just a reminder:
The Staff Parking lot (east side of the building) is for Staff Members Only.
Lake Vista School
- Any Grade 4-8 students interested in Choir: we will have our first practice on Thursday, October 4th in the music room at lunch recess. See Mrs. Paulsen or Ms. Millard if you have any questions.
- Fire Drill today at 9:30am
- Monday, October 1st – Orange Shirt Day
No Birthdays today. 29th – Skyla L. (4M)
Everyone is welcome to attend the annual Terry Fox School Walk on Sept. 27th at 2:00pm at Lake Vista School.
This year our school has a goal of raising $600 or $2 a student. The Terry Fox Foundation has a great reputation, with $.82 cents of every dollar raised going directly to cancer research. You can donate online by visiting our school fundraising page: http://www.terryfox.ca/LakeVistaSchool.
We hope to see you there!
What are the benefits of parent engagement for the school?
- Teachers and principals build positive relationships with parents
- Teachers learn about their students from parents
- Trust is built between teachers, students and parents
- Teachers feel more supported
- Staff have a better understanding of family cultures, diversity and traditions
Lake Vista SCC